Did you mean: 

Extract mutliple Z values from a setting out point to a table

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.mckay2
246 Views, 5 Replies

Extract mutliple Z values from a setting out point to a table

Hi all

I have a setting out drawing and I would like to table the z values for each point. At each point I have 5 different Z values that I would like to extract. Does anyone know an automatic extraction method or a workaround to help me do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: david.mckay2

Hi,

Start  EATTEXT command , after selecting your points and in Page 4 of 8 select Geometry option ... Click on below image 

fgt.gif

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
david.mckay2

Thank you Imad. This is as far as I had gotten. My query is can more than 1 z value be extracted from a single point. For example my point needs to have z value information for the top of wall, existing groundlevel and the base to the wall. See image.

Message 4 of 6
imadHabash

>> my point needs to have z value information for the top of wall, existing ground level and the base to the wall.

In this way there is NO automated way !! In AutoCAD there is just one z value for the same point . You can prepare a block with multi attributes ( different z values ) then you can Extract all of these values by Eattext command . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Patchy

Message 6 of 6

If a point has five z-values, then you'll need five individual points. For example, five points with identical x/y's where each pair of x/y has a distinct z-value. It would look like this:

101.PNG

Notice points 101 through 105 have the same x/y location. The z-value, however, is different for each point.

101. Bottom of wall

102. Window Sill

103. Bottom of Header

104. Top of Header

105. top of Wall

If you are compelled to associate five z's with only one pair of x/y, then how would you inform AutoCad which one of the five z's to use? Also, if you are using more than one z, would a second z replace or coexist with the first z? Would the third z replace or coexist with the second z? And so forth, etc... It will get messy and get messy fast. AutoCad will be confused and your z-values may not be as expected or not be computed at all. 

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta