Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External References with Cloud Storage (Box)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
345 Views, 1 Reply

External References with Cloud Storage (Box)

Hello everyone,

I work in the IT department for an engineering firm. We just switched our file storage to a Box for Business cloud solution this week. After we made the switch to Box I received several emails saying that our employees have experienced broken xref links in AutoCAD. Since the files are no longer stored on our local network, I'm not surprised this is the case, but no one at Box or in our IT department can answer this question promptly. Since I am not very familiar with AutoCAD, I was hoping someone here could provide some insight. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Thank you very much,

Nick P.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I am seeing this kind of question more frequently.  This is still an unsupported configuration to my knowledge. Here is an AKN Article that describes errant behavior on networks.

As a test, you might try adding the Box Sync folder to the Support File Search Path in Options. I would be wary though as I am uncertain how BOX synchronization occurs and how often. It is not like writing directly to a Windows Server share.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta