Did you mean: 

Exporting AutoCad file as either stp or parasolid

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1380 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting AutoCad file as either stp or parasolid

I'm quite new to AutoCAD and designed a part but now am attempting to export the file as a format friendly to our 3d printer. Either a stp or parasolid is needed. I'm pretty stumped and have tried importing into inventor and than exporting but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share your file so I can see what might be happening?

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing your files with me via email.  I opened each of them in Fusion 360 and then saved them in STEP format.

Please try this workflow on your side. You can get a trial of Fusion 360 here.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I'm having the same challenge. Did you open the .dwg file in Fusion 360 then export it as a .stp file? I'm not able to get Fusion to open a  3D .dwg.

Thank you

Mike

Message 5 of 5
pendean

John is no longer at Autodesk, but that is what is wrote as the solution:
"..I opened each of them in Fusion 360 and then saved them in STEP format...."

>>>...I'm not able to get Fusion...<<<
If you are on subscription with your AutoCAD at Autodesk, you can install and use AutoCAD MECHANICAL for free to do it https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mechanical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta