Did you mean: 

Exporting a DWG file to DWF Issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
4601 Views, 9 Replies

Exporting a DWG file to DWF Issue

I don't use CAD to create any layouts but i do use a DWF version of a CAD file to mark up for network drops and electrical outlets. With that being said, I sent a CAD file and i am trying to convert it to a DWF file since it will be easier for me to use.   However, when i try to either export the CAD drawing into a DWF or plot the file into a DWF, only half of the file is actually converted into a DWF file.  I have attached a file showing the CAD file and the results of the DWF converting.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and Welcome to AutoCAD Forum,

i think it's settings issue that must be fit . from plot dialog select Window from what to plot and select right and proper scale and check your drawing orientation ( Por. or Land. ) that meet your paper size . 

hhh.png

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

If I do the export option and change it to windows.  I get the same result.  See attached.

If I try the print plot option and choose "Windows".  The Plot - Model window disappears.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Is there a reason you are not able to post your DWF file and if possible your source DWG file too?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have attached the DWG and the DWF.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
pendean

So your DWFx sheet size is letter size, not A0 sheet size: that's also the default size of your pagsetup in your DWG file, and the default setting in your PLOT style table (which is also set to plot the DISPLAY, so if you are zoomed in wrong it doesn't work either).

I don't seem to have any issues 'exporting' or plotting to DWFx to show everything in your modelspace here as long as I ensure sheet size and what is getting plotted are addressed. Be careful if you use EXTENTS as you have floating items out there. See attached. 

Consider using PREVIEW command in AutocAD before you ExportDWFx or plot to ensure you are going to get what you actually want.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the replies ImadHabash and Pendean.

However, neither option has worked. I have tried each one multiple times without any success.

Pendean, when i open the files you have attached they are still missing 90% of the layout that is shown in the DWG file.  I have attached some screenshots to show what i see when i open your files.

I am running TrueView 2018 and Design Review 2018.  Is it possible the issue could be in either of these two pieces of software?

Message 8 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> when i open the files you have attached they are still missing 90%

>> of the layout that is shown in the DWG file.

Your dwg-file has XRef's, but you have not uploaded them, so @pendean can only show in the DWF what he has got as DWG.

20180102_134602.png

Could that be the difference? 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I don't normally work with a straight DWG file and didn't think about the xRef files.  I have attached those files.  So there some way they can be combined into the other files?

Message 10 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you have set some layers to "no-Plot", make them plotable and you see the referenced data also in the plot to dwf.

(also turn them on, which I already did in my screenshot)

20180104_154654.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta