Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export into stl

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
francelic7
348 Views, 7 Replies

export into stl

Hi, Im new into this. I dont know how to export this. Its crated of "3d face" like 180 k of them, so i have issues with exporting into stl file. I will really need help with this ty.

francelic7_1-1721580368059.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: francelic7

@francelic7 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Try converting it to 3D solids first.

Also keep the following in mind:

ValentinWSP_0-1721642038146.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 8

Perhaps  your model is not watertight. Could you post your DWG file here?

Message 4 of 8

Sure, here it is

Message 5 of 8
francelic7
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

I tryed that but it didnt work. 😞

Message 6 of 8

I ran your model through a program that checks for water tightness and your model has holes.  It also has many triangle edges which are shared with 3 or more faces, which should not be.  Sorry but I do not have program that will fix  these problems.  My version of AutoCAD does not have  STL import/export capability, so I can't tell you if that is your problem.

Message 7 of 8

Are you going to 3D print this model?  I loaded it into my slicer program and there were no errors reported, so it may print with no problem.  You do realize that your model is only about 2mm square?

Message 8 of 8
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: francelic7

@francelic7 ,

You have to make sure the objects are watertight or have no gap between surfaces.

ValentinWSP_0-1721763112255.png

Consider using the menu "Modify" > "Mesh Editing" > "Convert to Faceted Surface" to convert 3D Faces to Surfaces;

then use menu "Modify" > "Surface Editing" > "Sculpt" to convert those Surfaces into solid.

Be patience, since these operations take some time to complete.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta