Did you mean: 

Explorer Crashes when AutoCAD is running

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
302 Views, 1 Reply

Explorer Crashes when AutoCAD is running

Hello,
I've been having an issue lately where Explorer will crash when AutoCAD is running. I'll be working and all of a sudden I'll notice that the desktop wallpaper on my second monitor disappears and the wallpaper becomes a solid black image. Then, my desktop/taskbar icons will behave weirdly (see screenshot). A simple fix for this issue is to just restart Explorer via the Task Manager, but I would like to know if there's a way to prevent this issue entirely. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

This is a bit strange and I have not seen it before.  Can you share a NFO file with me so I can see how your computer is configured?

It you  watch your Task Manager does there seem to be any correlation between other processes running as well or just that AutoCAD is running? Have you checked your Windows Event log to see if an error is thrown when this occurs?

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta