Did you mean: 

Enterprise menu problem with add-ins

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CADdaddy.com
202 Views, 0 Replies

Enterprise menu problem with add-ins

Hi All,

The way I've been creating my Enterprise menu for the  last several years is failing and I need advice.  This is how my Enterprise menu is assembled:

1. I rename the acad.cuix as "enterprise.cuix"
  2. I attach partials to acad.cuix: express tools, office custom menu, etc.
  3. I create a "standard" workspace that is setup  to the liking of the office.
  4. I use an empty CUSTOM.cuix as the main menu which the user is free to edit as desired.

I've liked this method because it protects the  core functionality of AutoCAD.  A user can make the core menu look different by customizing a workspace in the CUSTOM.cuix -- but the "standard" workspace can always be restored to core functionality because it is savely stored in  the read-only enterprise menu.

This is not working lately because of the new way apps are delivered where they are packaged as "bundles" and the menu is automatically is added as a partial to the main menu.  For some reason I can see several of the partial menu attached (featuredapps, bim360) and I can see their ribbon tab and check them to display...but they never appear.

cui.PNG

I guess I'm being forced to accept using the acad.cuix as the main menu and only use the office customized menu as the enterprise menu?  Is that the only way to make it work these days?

James

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report