Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering our comapies internal part numbers into the catalog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
314 Views, 3 Replies

Entering our comapies internal part numbers into the catalog

Is it possible to enter/attach internal part numbers to items in the catalog?  For example the Square D 3PDT 120VAC relay has a Square D part number of RXM3AB2F7 but to keep track of inverntory in Alliance we use an internal part number of 04-078-000.  Is there a way that all of the components could be quickly updated with these numbers?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

To what catalog are you referring to?

How are you representing your parts? As blocks for example?

Blocks for example can have names and attributes.  The attributes can be extracted to make tables(schedules).  Adding an attribute for your part number is possible.  Updating blocks after adding attributes is not automatic.  Battman, and attsync can be used.

If a block is in multiple drawings, then the block definition should be stored in a drawing and then put on a palette.  Right clicking on the palette tool can access the "redefine block" choice.  In each drawing you would still need to battman or attsync to update the attributes.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

I'm a pretty new user but we are using a standard catalog as well as a custom one for the components that are not in the standard catalog. I have edited that attribute tables before so I understand what you are saying. What is the Battman command and how is it different from attsync?

Also the block is not in multiple drawings right now but will be. Is there any way of putting the internal part numbers into the catalog so that it always holds this number? This catalog number will never change for us so I would like to save it to make drawing schematics faster.
Message 4 of 4
kcobabe
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using a vertical is what we need to know. AutoCAD itself does not have a catalog, but Revit, MEP and I think Plant 3D do.  Maybe you would get better help in one of those forums if that is what you are using.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta