Empty EPS Plot

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3236 Views, 5 Replies

Empty EPS Plot

Hi!

I´m using Autocad 2015 and Photoshop CS5.

I created, according to guidelines, an EPS Plotter (Postscript level 1), when i launch Plot command everythings go fine, i also see the preview of the plot.

Then i save the Eps file and it´s totally blank, the files´weight is always the same (7 kB) and when i place it into Photoshop ( or i open it) it´s alway empty..

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

try to uncheck your plot transparency from plot dialoge.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi,

the "plot transparency" was already unchecked..

Having elements with transparency via layer can be the reason of empty EPAS files?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
wkohn

I just had this same issue.  Turning transparency off in the plot settings or page setup might not do the trick.  On a hunch I figured something was overriding that little checkbox.  Turns out the variable "PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE" was set to 2.  I reset it back to 1 and my eps' are printing just fine now.  Too bad I was two years too late on this post, but hopefully all you future readers are happy to have an answer. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wkohn

I am on Autocad 2019 and this did not work for me.  I can print to a pdf using DWG to PDF but I could not print to an EPS file.  After distilling, the plot came out blank.  It shows up fine in the preview but blank after distilling.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Try this (for Windows): go to Plotter Manager, choose the PsP2 (esp) plotter, go to Device and Document Settings Tab, go to the drop down menu of "Graphics", click on "Vector Graphics" , go and change the "Dithering". I changed it from "Hardware Pattern Order" to "Hardware Scatter Dither" . It did the job for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta