Did you mean: 

Electrical Panel Schedule Calculations

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1683 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical Panel Schedule Calculations

I want to create an Electrical Panel Schedule that will automatically calculate loads. I want to be able to keep any empty load sections with a dash and still get a value in the total area. I am using formula fields to accomplish but when I hit regnerate, I get ####. Any ideas? Please see attached dwg of a 3 phase panel schedule

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

The formulas need a real number.....in your load calc you have a - (dash) 

Change these to a number like 0 (zero) and the formula will work.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if zero values could be represented with dashes instead of 0 and still get a calculated value?

Message 4 of 6
leothebuilder

No....as I mentioned, formulas need numbers, a dash (or any other such character) won't work.

The only way around this if you have a zero on a non-plot layer to make the formula work and leave the dash as a visual.

Should the dash need to be changed to a number, delete the dash and change the number from no plot to a plotting layer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Ok. Thank you. My job will take way less time with this
Message 6 of 6
edhing

I had the same problem with the sum in the AutoCad table, but the first solution I tried was to fill the cells with zero, then it worked. A table full of zeros was not visually appealing, so I left the cells empty, but the “####” error problem appeared again.

My final solution was to leave the cell empty, and in the addition formula, add “+ 0” (plus zero), and the program ignored all the empty cells and added only the numbers. It took me quite a while to figure it out, but now every time I draw an electrical panel, the answers are given automatically, without changing layers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report