Did you mean: 

Educational WaterMark " I know NOT AGAIN"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
384 Views, 4 Replies

Educational WaterMark " I know NOT AGAIN"

I know not again with this question but I am experiencing an odd issue.

I do not understand why when I open the drawing I do not get the Watermark but when others open it and print it they do get it.   And Im wondering if it could be the version of AutoCAD being used.  I am using AutoCAD 2015 but if someone is using 2014 or older will that cause them to see the watermark while I am not seeing it.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

AutoCAD 2015 (and newer) has been designed to remove the plot stamp altogether when a drawing is saved. Once a file is saved in 2015, it can be sent to users on earlier versions and the plot stamp will no longer be a part of the file.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: imadHabash

There were one or two versions and SP's which don't print the stamp, but also leave the electronic flag in place for users with older releases to stumble over.  Hence the mention of "not again...".  Newer versions *will* remove the electronic flag totally.  If memory serves the DWG Convert function in TrueView will also remove the stamps; regardless of EDU stamp removal or not I find it handy to have a recent release of the program handy.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
TheCADWhisperer

It shouldn't really matter though, unless your are using data that violates the EULA.

If you are violating the EULA, (watermark or no watermark) you might want to consider the risk for legal action that you are putting on your company.

SBA

Instructors are aware of the watermark and it should not bother them in the least.

Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous

DWG Convert will help you to determine if there is the Educational Watermark in drawings. Here is an article that explains.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta