Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational Product

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
324 Views, 5 Replies

Educational Product

This is frustrating to say the least. I downloaded an Autocad detail from Turbo Air restaurant equipment supplier. When I inserted it, the message popped up saying “This drawing will display the message “Produced by an AutoDesk Educational Product”. Ok, I accepted that, inserted the detail, went to plot the drawing and saw that all four sides of my sheet had the message prominently displayed. I though, no, this isn’t good. So I erased the detail from my drawing and purged all blocks etc. The message is still there, on 5 sheets in paper space. Project promised Monday. This I didn't need. Autodesk, WHY do you do things like this? Do we not pay you enough for your software to at least have a bit of gratitude for those who've made you rich? I suppose I'll have to white-out the script.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Looks like the drawing you got from the supplier was created in an educational version, which is why the message of“Produced by an AutoDesk Educational Product” appeared. Unfortunately you are not able to remove the message when you open from your AutoCAD LT 2013. See Produced by an Autodesk Educational Product for the same issue.

I'd suggest you return the drawing to your supplier and avoid using anything created from an educational version (which is not allowed to use for commercial purpose).

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I was able to remove it, thank you. I'm curious though, if drawings created from an educational version are not allowed for commercial use, wouldn't it make sense to have that information included in the warning stamp? How would I know that those types of drawings are not for commercial use? The stamp makes it sound like you're free to use it if you're willing to accept that the stamp will appear on your drawings.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

“Produced by an AutoDesk Educational Product” is the warming. What did you think it was, a pointless alert because someone at Autodesk had nothing better to do that day 🙂

The EDU stamp shows up with content, then sticks around, and is not controlled by what type of license you use daily.

it's there to catch license violations and those that support them by using that content. Autodesk can't catch you and them if the tag vanished on it's own if you simply changed your mind.

So next time you see the prompt as you insert or open a file, cancel immediately and contact the source for a fix.

If you use AutoCAD 2015 and higher that prompt goes away, as does the printed stamp: Autodesk I suspect has decided they can now 'get anyone" after an audit with this information. Hmmm!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Two things; I didn't think it was a pointless' alert, I thought it was simply an alert to let you know that if you decide to use the content, you do so knowing that the disclaimer stamp will appear on your drawing. Again, if it's content that isn't allowed for commercial use, then why not make that the warning? Secondly, why is it ok to use if you have Release 2015 but not earlier versions? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Message 6 of 6
pendean

They have chosen not to ban the content for many reasons and no it's not OK to use it starting in R2015, you're just no longer prompted.
I could think of really devious reasons why they do it, but they claim its to stop folks like you from getting so upset.

Upgrade if you don't want to be upset anymore: that's the only way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta