Did you mean: 

Dynamic Input Command

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
3arizona
808 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Input Command

Trying to stretch line work not blocks. Can someone tell me if Dynamic Input works with the stretch command? I know that it works with grips, but only by picking a single grip.

If this can't be done, can it be done with a LISP?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: 3arizona

Q: how are you expecting/wishing to use "dynamic input" with STRETCH command exactly? What is it you are trying to stretch, why not show us a picture to help if you can as well.
Message 3 of 5
imadHabash

Hi,

>> I know that it works with grips, but only by picking a single grip. <<

if you have multi line stretch works you can select more than grip under one stretch command by Shift + select mouse button 

>> If this can't be done, can it be done with a LISP? <<

STRETCH command didn't work without selecting objects . so you have to select either by Grips or other ways ( Crossing,Window and fence .. ) . please tell us more what exactly you want to do ?

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
3arizona
in reply to: imadHabash

i could have sworn that i was able cross window and stretch line work by just typing in the new length.  My DYNMDODE Setting are at 3. As i mentioned before i know how to use it with grips. I don't want that. Was just wondering if there are settings that i'm  missing. 

Stretch.PNG

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Thanks for the screenshot.

Yes, STRETCH works best with crossing windows.
No, in your screenshot example, there is no automagical way to type 5.2500 and have the dimension and "point" slide into position. never could, still cannot. You will need to do the math and subtract 5.2934-5.2500 and enter the difference as you drag towards that smaller distance.

But you can do all of that if you start using CONSTRAINTS: is that an option? Look up the topic in HELP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report