Did you mean: 

DWG to JPG

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1568 Views, 20 Replies

DWG to JPG

I am trying to convert dwg to jpg. When I select all in layout view then enter COMMAND - JPGOUT I get the title and text but not the drawing. I've tried doing this in Model view i.e, select all - COMMAND - JPGOUT, I can view the drawing this way however, I need everything to be together in layout view. Can anyone offer advise on this please. I've attached two images fyi.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello mygulfgem

It looks like you are looking for information related to drawing units. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

UNITS (Command)

Difference between -DWGUNITS and INSUNITS

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 21
pendean

JPGOUT command is a model-only tool: but you can use PLOT command from a layout, there is a built-in JPG driver installed by default in every AutoCAD seat on the planet unless you deleted it. Just change the resolution settings to suit your needs.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

No, not at all. I just want to convert DWG to JPG using COMMAND - JPGOUT.
However my drawing which is already scaled is not showing, but the title
block and text are showing.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

What is 'OTTO'? I don't understand your response, sorry.
Message 6 of 21
rkmcswain

"Otto" is the "person" to whom you replied in post 4.

I figured your post 4 reply was in response to the totally inaccurate answer that "Otto" gave in post 2.

otto2.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Oh I see. Thank you, and actually my response was to the suggestion given
by OTTO....
Message 8 of 21
pendean
Message 9 of 21
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Otto is a help bot, which attempts to use natural language in the initial post to provide answers very quickly to common questions on this board. We are in the process of gathering feedback and updating its recognition's. I have noted the error here and submitted the changes necessary to cause it to not respond in the way it did based on the context of your post.

Please refer to @pendean's post for a much more relevant answer in this case.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 10 of 21
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I think the prompt for this command might be a bit confusing. When I am in paperspace I type JPGOUT. If I type All it gives me everything in paperspace. If I just hit a return after typing JPGOUT then it gives me everything in paperspace and the viewport contents.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you Dean. I didn't delete it :~)

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Great, thank you. 🙂
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,
When I type JPGOUT in Layout View I see only my Titleblock and Text, the
draft is not included. Are you suggesting I should be entering JPGALL in
Layout View in order to see everything?

When I type JPGOUT in Model Space I can see the draft however, that's not
what I need, I am trying to take the entire content from Layout View (Paper
Space) as a JPG.

Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated!!

Kind Regards,
Katharine 🙂
Message 14 of 21
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> When I type JPGOUT in Layout View

Repetition: have you seen/read post 3 here from @pendean, he clearly states this command is meant for model-space only, not for layout!

Plotting is the best and most efficient method to get layouts exported as raster file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes, I totally understand what Dean was saying, thank you!! I was
responding to another comment in regards to JPGOUT.
Message 16 of 21
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Yes, I totally understand what Dean was saying

>> I was responding to another comment in regards to JPGOUT.

Well, what am I missing?

You know from @pendean that JPGOUT does not work for layouts, but you again ask "When I type JPGOUT in Layout View I see only my Titleblock and Text" ...? Why asking again when you already have got the answer that this can't work?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I really don't feel I need to explain myself repeatedly however, I asked my
question one time. If throughout this thread the issue was mentioned again
well, go figure, this is what is known in my world as clarification of
communication!
Message 18 of 21
rkmcswain

mygulfgem wrote:
I really don't feel I need to explain myself repeatedly however, I asked my question one time. If throughout this thread the issue was mentioned again......

Hence the inherent problem with the default flat presentation of messages in this forum. Without quoting the post, it's difficult/impossible to tell who someone is replying to, then misunderstandings happen.

Message 19 of 21
rkmcswain

@Anonymous - FYI: you can change your forum settings so that you can see the threaded progression (see image below), which I like. But I don't like that it only shows one post at a time, and clicking to show other posts takes forever (it requires a page reload). So I stick with the flat thread display.

And of course, many (maybe most) people here don't understand threaded messages and just click the [REPLY] button at the top of the page, regardless of the message to which they are replying. In that case, the threads don't have much meaning anyway.

threaded.png

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware of this until now!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report