Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwg File not opening up

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1845 Views, 4 Replies

Dwg File not opening up

A dwg file I was working on is not opening up and it does not allow me to close the program either. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> A dwg file I was working on is not opening up and it does not allow me to close the program either. <<

i suggest to try RECOVER command from empty new dwg and see if it's works , if not .... would you please attache here your dwg for testing ? also you can force AutoCAD to close from Ctrl + Shift + Esc then select AutoCAD from applications tab then press end task . 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean
Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

In addition to the suggestions by @imadHabash and @pendean, can you tell me where the file originated and which version of AutoCAD you are using?

If you like, you can attach your file to a post (and maybe its BAK file too) so I can a take a look. If it needs to remain private you can email it to me directly at john.vellek@autodesk.com

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

I had a situation this morning that would appear to be related to the data file, but it was actually because of a 3rd party tool being loaded into AutoCAD.

The drawing required this tool to display certain objects, but the tool had a problem.

So, don't always assume the data file is at fault. Try to open the drawing on another PC, one that is pure stock with no add-ons if possible.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta