Drawing parallelogram within rectange

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2541 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing parallelogram within rectange

Goodmorning gentlemen,

I am rather new to CAD so please excuse the lack of proper language or etiquette.

i wish to draw a parallelogram within a rectangle, however i am unsure of how to do so with the given requirements.

example.PNG

I wish for the paralellogram to fit into rectangle like so, and that H be equal to 20.

Attempts have been made to do so by way of the screencast method

I have been tearing my hair out for the past 4 days and you fine people are my last bastion of hope

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
illusionistNUGXG
in reply to: Anonymous

It's slightly tricky:

1. draw a line from the bottom left corner - with a wrong angle and length of .... 350

2. OFFSET the line by 20

3. draw a circle: centre is the bottom left corner, with a radius to the top right corner.

4. ROTATE the two lines - base point: bottom left corner - then r (+enter) for reference - hit the base point again, now select the intersection point of the circle and the second line (with the X-symbol*), now hit the top right corner of the box.

5. delete the circle, TRIM the lines outside of the box.

* If the X-symbol doesn't appear press SHIFT+rightclick and select "intersection"

Message 3 of 7
ВeekeeCZ

Not sure if this correct, but see the SCREENCAST 

Use 20 for offset instead of my 10.25

Edit: basically the same approach described by @illusionistNUGXG above.

Message 4 of 7
Kent1Cooper

I would do it by drawing a Circle of radius 20 around either corner, then drawing a Line from the opposite corner, TANgent to the Circle.  Copy that Line from the tangency point to the nearby corner, Erase the Circle, Trim the Lines.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

Thank you so much, i don't think i could of done it without the cast. i just had to change the side of the offset so it ends on the top and bottom instead of the sides 🙂

Message 6 of 7
ВeekeeCZ

Glad to help.

Come back if you hit another wall. There is plenty of smart gues willing to help. And usually not just one right solution.

Message 7 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

.... drawing a Circle [red] of radius 20 around either corner, then drawing a Line [yellow] from the opposite corner, TANgent to the Circle.  Copy that Line from the tangency point to the nearby corner [green], Erase the Circle & Trim the Lines [dotted grey].

To illustrate what seems to me the simpler way:

Capture.PNG

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta