Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing file is not valid

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
484 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing file is not valid

I have Autocad 2017 and i've tried every command to recover my file. Is it possible that is gone forever? Nothing works to recover it, i need help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gotphish001
in reply to: Anonymous

Upload the file for starters. What is "every" command you tried? We need more information. Your post basically says, "My drawing is broken. What will fix it?"  We can't just guess with no other information. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: gotphish001

I've tried RECOVER, RECOVERALL, insert as a block, recover from bak, and recover from an autosave file. None worked.

Message 4 of 8
alex101000

This is not AutoCAD file - it is empty file with extension dwg.

Search backup and temporary files

--
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.
Message 5 of 8
pendean

How to fix corrupt files https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

Or open the file in a 3rd party software like the freebie DRAFTSIGHT.

Or start looking for BAK files to rename, SV$ autosave files to rename, or backups from a day before to use if it ends up being truly dead.

Message 6 of 8
gotphish001

That was most everything that you tried. Sorry for the assumption but we get many people that say they tried for hours to fix something and really they didn't try much of anything. I did have one more trick up my sleeve of trying to recover it in Archicad. I thought for a second it was going to get it opened, but it failed right at the end. I tried a couple more times to be sure, but I was unable to open it either. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I can't find any backups that'll work, but thank you anyway.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: gotphish001

thank you for your help anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report