Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dot hatch not plotting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3977 Views, 6 Replies

Dot hatch not plotting

I have a drawing with a transparent hatch and dot hatch.  For the transparent hatch to plot in it's faded state, the 'Plot transparency' needs to checked in Plot options.  However i noticed that checking this box causes the dot hatch to not plot at all.  The dot hatch plots fine when the box is unchecked.  Is there a way to plot both the faded transparent hatch and dot hatch together?  Using 2016 version.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nrz13
in reply to: Anonymous

It works for me as expected in 2016.  Can you remove everything from your drawing except the hatches and whatever they're meant to overlay and upload it here for us to look at?

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nrz13

Thanks for testing it out.  I did some prints using your files and had the same issue, so i guess the problem is not within my drawing itself.  I did find a workaround which achieves what i needed, which is to create a PDF, then print the PDF.  Would be nice to know if there is proper solution for printing straight from AutoCAD.

Message 4 of 7
nrz13

How are you creating the PDF?  Through the built-in AutoCAD 2016 PDF creator, DWG to PDF, or printing to a 3rd party PDF creator?  If you're printing it to a 3rd party driver and that works, and you're using the same options as on your plotter, then it's probably the plotter and not AutoCAD.

It could be a printer driver conflict with your version of AutoCAD and Windows.  I've seen people with HP plotters having trouble using certain versions of AutoCAD on certain versions of Windows (can't remember which ones).  I'd look to see if there is an updated driver available for your plotter.

Otherwise, there's also a Printing and Plotting forum that may be more helpful.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 7
llorden4

Is the transparancy set to 0% or some greater value?  It's been a while since I went through this issue, but I seem to recall that with the PDF utility you had to be "all in" on the transparancy to get it to function as desired.

Another trick I remember having to undesirably perform in order to get the dots to show up better, was to edit the line type of the hatch.  I believe the line lengths are set to zero and I found that changing them to a non-zero value helped greatly, something like 0.002 just to give the printing device a value other than zero for a plot length.

Good luck!

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Message 6 of 7
scot-65
in reply to: llorden4

Perhaps you were thinking of the old-style pen plotter (where the sheet scrolls back and fourth and the pen travel left and right)?
We had this issue once upon a time with the dashdot linetype creating angled ticks where it should have been just a dot...
🙂

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 7 of 7
llorden4
in reply to: scot-65

That was a long trip back with the pen plotter, but no, I wasn't thinking that far back.  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta