Disappeared line

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
809 Views, 17 Replies

Disappeared line

Hello guys, 

I have a problem with a autocad file : Autocad crashed and when I have tried to re-open the file, all of spline have disappeared. I had try to regenerate, to recover the file extension .bak, ... but I have no succeed ...

If someone can find a solution, it can help me ... Thank you 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Autocad crashed and when I have tried to re-open the file, all of spline have disappeared. <<

if you don't save the file then you won't get your unsaved work. i suggest to search in your temp folder and look there . C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\Temp . 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi, 

I haven't find my temp folder but I have in my trash a recovered file with the extension .tmp, it can help me ? 

Regards

Message 4 of 18
imadHabash

>> I haven't find my temp folder .... <<

you have to change an option from the Tools when you open windows explorer ( see below image ) please come back and try again to check the same path in my first post.

gfgf.png

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

I'm sorry but I work on a Macintosh so I don't know how to change the option ... 

Message 6 of 18
imadHabash

>> I'm sorry but I work on a Macintosh so I don't know how to change the option ...  <<

Mmmm ... the idea was to take the .bak file from that folder . it's help me in many previous cases.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

I have try to get back the file .bak but when I open it I have the same problem ... 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Have you got an other idea because I don't understand the problem and I really need to work on the file ... ?

Message 9 of 18
imadHabash

when you lost your all of spline... have you save your dwg file ? if yes then it's there BUT if not then as i said to you that you won't get it . if do you want to share your dwg file i'm glad to take a look .

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

I save regularly my file when I work on it. Thanks a lot for your help, I join my file ...  

What's really strange it's that in the logo file we can see the disappeared spline ... 

Message 11 of 18
imadHabash

since i don't know where to look in your crowded dwg . I've just turn ON all layers and i found some splines. see attached file

All the best...

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 12 of 18
pendean

What logo? Where in your file?

BTW the MAC forum is over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/bd-p/520
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks a lot you have save my day. If you can just explain how you do, I want understand ... 

Thanks a lot again 

Message 14 of 18
imadHabash

>> Thanks a lot you have save my day. <<

cool ... glad to hear that. :0

all the best...

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Pendean,

Thank you for your answer but ImadHabash has find a solution.

Regards

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous

Can you just explain me how you do, it help me to understand what was the problem ...

Thanks a lot 

Message 17 of 18
imadHabash

yes of course ... i just Purge and Audit the drawing then i turn ON all layers. honestly that all what i do.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

Okay thanks lot, I notice it for the next time 

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report