Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color 11x17 laser printer good with AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
spaulus
973 Views, 4 Replies

Color 11x17 laser printer good with AutoCAD

I haven't seen anything on this recently, but I am looking for a replacement to my 11x17 color inkjet printer. Trying to keep the cost down. My inkjet after a couple years the print has gotten a little blurry.

Thanks,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADnoob
in reply to: spaulus

Have you ever tried to re-calibrate your inkjet? Many do it automatically these days but depending on your model it may not. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean

>>>...Trying to keep the cost down...<<<
What costs exactly? cheap laser printer are worse that inkjet printers, good stuff is not cheap.

Ever consider leasing? Most office-class MFPs are darn good color printers too, like the Sharp MX3070 and others. You lease it, you pay a monthly fee based on volume, they buy toner and service it, you just print all you want all day long.
Message 4 of 5
spaulus
in reply to: TheCADnoob

I have done the re-calibration and ran the nozzle cleaning routine but didn't seem to help much.

Steve

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

How much do you *actually* need to print to hard copy?  Switch to PDF for the bulk of your work; it can be viewed and marked up just like paper.  In the rare case you need actual hard copy e.g. you need to stamp and wet-sign something, use a print shop (in which case you'll need the PDF anyways).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta