Sheet set printing page size

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
594 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet set printing page size

Hi,

Something's changed. It used to work. But not anymore....

When I print a sheet set using the sheet set Publish command (right-click on Sheet Set, Publish, Publish Dialog Box), it creates a single PDF with my drawings in. Thing is, the first one is typically sized letter portrait, and the subsequent are tabloid landscape, but the publish command doesn't print them like that - it only prints the first correctly, and then the others are all printed on letter portrait as well.

Every page has a unique page setup name, i.e. Nitro 11x17 L.

I've printed an old project from last year and it prints fine, first page letter portrait, subsequent tabloid landscape, but I can't see any difference in the settings.

I've tried changing almost everything, but nothing alters the way the PDF is printed.

How does the page setup overrides work?

Any ideas?

Thanks

AutoCAD 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

When you create your PDF, use the Plotter named in page setup option. Then make sure that each of the unique layouts have a page setup applied with the correct sheet size and orientation.

Do you have a sample set of drawings you can share? I am happy to test on your files and make a video of the process if it would be helpful.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hey John, I'll go over everything again, but I'm fairly sure that things are setup about right.

I can't send drawing files (they're company title frames etc.), but when I get 5 minutes I'll make a load of screen shots so you can see what's going on.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Replace the titleblocks with rectangles so you can send the set. That should be much better than a picture. (Don't forget to purge the titleblocks out of your drawing).

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hmm, strange.

After deleting / purging everything out of the template files, and making a blank DST, I quickly tried making a PDF using the sheet set manager (letter portrait & tabloid landscape).

This time it works!!

So, if the only difference is a lack of blocks and layers inside the templates, somehow one of them is altering the way it puts the PDF together with the sheet set manager.

I guess I'll add them back in and see when it goes wrong.

John - there's not a lot of point me sending things to you now, since it works again.

I've just got to work out what's making it fall over.

Thanks for your offer though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report