Did you mean: 

Dimension-continued and aligned?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
shonemml
3788 Views, 8 Replies

Dimension-continued and aligned?

How to continue dimension but aligned to other lines which I want to measure ? Is there something like combination dimaligned and dimcontinue? Please help, thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: shonemml

DIMCONTINUE simply "continues" the type of dimension you select.
If you need to change the dimension type to do something else it's best to create new DIMALIGNED that work best for your needs.

Message 3 of 9
BrianBenton

Yes. Use the DIMCONTINUE command. It will start at the last dimension that was placed. Or you can use the SELECT option after you start the command.

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 4 of 9
shonemml
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply, but i have to measure many times spaces that are not linear and to shorten the time i thought there was an option like a combination of these two commands. Becouse dimaligned is too long, need to click many time and neither the continue help becouse it only works linear.

Message 5 of 9
Kent1Cooper

Yes, DIMCONTINUE off an Aligned Dimension makes Rotated ones at the direction of the Aligned one, not more Aligned ones.

Try this [lightly tested]:

(defun C:DIMALIcont (/ pt1 pt2)
  (command "_.dimaligned" pause (setq pt1 (getpoint (getvar 'lastpoint))) pause)
  (while (setq pt2 (getpoint pt1 "\nNext point in continued DIMALIGNED or <exit>: "))
    (command "_.dimaligned" "non" pt1 "non" pt2 pause)
    (setq pt1 pt2)
  ); while
  (princ)
); defun

It does require you to pick the dimension-line location for each.  Presumably [with a fair amount more code] it could be made to calculate that for you, the same distance from the definition points and on the same side, but I imagine you would get some clashes in some situations.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9
shonemml
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks for the reply, I made a lisp and applauded it but I'm not sure if it was necessary to enter some command based on the code? Nothing changed, but thanks anyway! 

Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@shonemml wrote:

.... not sure if it was necessary to enter some command based on the code? .... 

The command name you enter for custom commands defined in this way is always the part immediately following  (defun C:  [in this case, the command name is DIMALIcont, which is not  case-sensitive].  You can change that part to anything you would rather use for a command name instead, as long as it is not already a command name.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
shonemml

You are awesome, thank you very much, you saved me a lot of trouble!

Message 9 of 9
samvdoha

thanks. its very helpful to me 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report