Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"####" value on the field preview

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kyho_cad02
420 Views, 7 Replies

"####" value on the field preview

i dont know if i accidentally modified some settings or sysvar of my autocad because, everytime i use field command and make a formula I always get a "####" value on the preview instead of real numbers, i mean like 1+1 in the formula and "####" on the preview, but when I try to do the same in my officemate autocad with his pc it works correctly like 1+1 on the formula and get "2" on the preview.

kyho_cad02_0-1712297946542.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: kyho_cad02

your formula does not look like 1+1, did you press the evaluate button?

Whatever you pasted into the formula doesn't look like a valid formula. Maybe you want to try the DieselExpression field (in the Other category)

MichielValcke_0-1712319905045.png

Message 3 of 8
kyho_cad02

No sir. in the formula box i inserted another field and then object, then select object which is the green mtxt "01" and then I type "+1" and now I have this 01+1 that supposed to be"2". but when i click evaluate button the txt on the formula box became like a diesel expression script containing "{f\;}" and different kind of characters or script that i dont understand instead of retaining it as 01+1. and on the preview instead of the right value which "2" it became "####".

Message 4 of 8
TomBeauford

Clearly 02 is text not a number as if it were a number it would display as 2.

If like Michiel.Valcke suggested you could use a DieselExpression it should work as with Diesel 01+1 does equal 2 and if the length was only 1 it could prefix it with the 0.

Not sure if that helps as it's not very clear what you're trying to do.

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 5 of 8
MMcCall402

I just ran a test and it seems to work as expected.

I'm curious as to how you were setting up the field and formula.  In my test, after selecting the field to be a formula open up as shown below, then I right click unto for formula location and choose "Insert field" again.  This puts a field into the formula.  Then chose Object, the Mtext, then the Content property.  Lastly, added +1.

MMcCall402_0-1712951218436.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
kyho_cad02
in reply to: MMcCall402

that's exactly what I'm trying to do men, but I don't even know the reason why it is always giving me "####" values? please watch my attachment video.

Message 7 of 8
cadffm

Hi,

Is your windows region setting about utf8 ticked or unticked(off)? 

Screenshot_20240614_082507_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
kyho_cad02
in reply to: cadffm

I'm sorry I can't find this set up, I'm using windows11

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report