Dimension 3d solids in paperspace

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
786 Views, 2 Replies

Dimension 3d solids in paperspace

Hi,

I use the base command a lot for getting a good view on the different components of a combined piece (like a wooden table). Command: base+ sEelect.

The dimensioning of the 2D base views works fine but on the 3D views it's never correct.

Is this possible?

I read on the forum a lot that you just have to do your dimensioning in modelspace, but this looks a bit 'oldschool'. This would be much easier to do in paperspace. This is 2020 right?

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

AFAIK AutoCAD can not create correct dimensions of 3D-objects in non orthogonal views. 

If you try it you get an correponding hint "Select objects in orthogonal drawing views only."

You only can assign dimensions to edges (or points) parallel to the drawing plane (the sheet).

(Inventor e.g. can do what you want, AutoCAD [still?] not).

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Additional hint:

As a (bad) work around: For (exact) isometric views you can use a dimstyle with a DIMLFAC = 1.2247448713915890490986420373529 (sqrt(3/2).

If you have an isometric view you may get the wanted values. I don'tlike to suggest this, but give it a try, perhaps it will help you.

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta