Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIGITIZING

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
267 Views, 4 Replies

DIGITIZING

Kindly help with full steps of digitizing a map image using AUTOCAD 2015. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

The principle steps are:

• use command _IMAGE to get your raster file loaded and displayed in a new drawing
  • use command _ALIGN to make sure the position and size of the image fits to your coordinates and units
  • now use the AutoCAD commands to draw the objects you need to be digitized (polyline, block-insertions, ...).

I know the answer is a very global one, but at least like your question is it too. Let us know if you have some specific questions about the procedure.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you.
Can you please send me a tutorial(video)
Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Can you please send me a tutorial(video)

Have you tried what I described?

Questions in a forum are always welcome, but a forum is not a replacement for a class/training.

And btw.: making a video for 2 commands which are described well in the help of AutoCAD uses more time for me than you need to read the help and try to use the commands as described in the help.

You might describe what you tried and why you think it's not working then we can help. But please understand that I also need to keep my time under control.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
TheCADnoob

I put this together from another post but the parts are basicaly the same. 

Bring in your image as @Alfred.NESWADBA suggested and make sure your image fits your coordinate and then trace it using CAD. The below example used the EXTERNAREFRENCE dialog to bring in the image but its not the only way to import your source. 

trace1.png

trace2.png

trace3.gif

trace4.png

If your source happens to be a vector PDF i would open it in CAD 2017 and it will import all the geometry for you. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators