Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Block Version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
342 Views, 4 Replies

Determine Block Version

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to determine the file version of a block inside an older version drawing? My CAFM provider are saying that a 2013 version file contains a block created in AutoCAD 2018. So how would I determine the version of all the blocks in the drawing? My presumption was that once a file is saved back to 2013 the whole file and its contents were at 2013 level.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
My presumption was that once a file is saved back to 2013 the whole file and its contents were at 2013 level.

Nope. A "save as" to an earlier version does not convert newer objects or features. The file needs to be exported.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
cadffm

Do you know the name of ONE Block and can you erase all except one of a blockreference of this block?

Only for my interesting

Use saveas (2013) / only thus way, not copy content to another file.

Sebastian

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

So, -wblock should fix the file?
Message 5 of 5
RobDraw

No, exporting it will, though.

There are number of ways to export or convert a file to an older format. Depending on your version, -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD either using the hyphen or not. Plain old AutoCAD needs the hyphen. In vertical products, the export command should be available through the file menu.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report