Did you mean: 

Detail view of a cut section

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
576 Views, 7 Replies

Detail view of a cut section

Hi!

Im having a problem with a detail view not showing all layers in model space. Is it possible to configure the options for the detail view to show all layers? They're not frozen or thawed and they're only not showing in the detail view. Hope I explained the problem well enough.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a screenshot or upload the file? Because there are missing info, which can help us to find a solution faster.

What are the missing detail "elements"? Text,hatch,line polyline,block, dimension? are they annotative? 

If you say that they are not showing in detail view? Did yo mean the layers are not showing or few elements in the detail? Can you see them in a paperspace viewport? Are there more elements of the same layer which is visible in the modelspace? If so, what elements are those?

Cutsection? You mean a 2D section detail or 3d Section? 

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

I have attached a picture of both the area to be enlarged (detail view 1) and a picture where I've enlarged it (detail view 2 enlarged). The missing elements are all lines. I dont think the missing elements are annotative.

There are more elements of the same layer visible in model space; dimensions, a hatch and lines. I hope this somewhat clears up my otherwise messy question.

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

can you try to switch off your hardware acceleration from options and see if helps. try to regen all. thanks

hhhh.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
S.Faris

So you copied some elements which is comprised inside a circle and later you trimmed everything extending outside the circle, right?. If that is the case, how can you be sure that the lines are there?. did you try making a viewport in layout and then see if the lines are showing up there?

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Not at all, Ive used the tool detail view (amdetail). Which, to my understanding, creates a scaled view of the detail I want to enlarge. Which I want to do to visualize some dimensions.

To clarify; the missing elements are only missing in the enlarged view, but show when I move them to another layer which leads me to belive there is some setting either in how the detail view is set up or in the layer settings the elements are drawn. I can not find such a setting though.

All elements are shown when I create a viewport in layout.

I turned off hardware acceleration and regenerated all but it didn't help.

Message 7 of 8
S.Faris

AMDETAIL sounds line you are using Autocad Mechanical. Which I am not so knowledgeable of. 

Anyway try this : AutoCAD Mechnical: AMDETAIL does not show all lines

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I see now that I am in the wrong forum, Ill try the mechanical forum instead. Thank you so much for trying to help me though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report