Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead space on right of screen when window is maximized.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AdamAG99T
870 Views, 3 Replies

Dead space on right of screen when window is maximized.

I recently noticed that autocad will have a thin column of dead space on the far right of the screen when I have everything maximized. The dead space seems to change appearance depending on what I have done in autocad recently. Is this a known issue with a fix or is it some possible hardware issue? I suspect it may be the cause of an issue I've noticed with the viewcube, where it will not wrap around if I attempt to drag the cursor off the left side of the screen. I think Autocad may think the screen is offset slightly to the left leaving the border of the screen off of the monitor. I have autocad 2019.1, product version P.103.0.0 running on an updated windows 10 pc.

Screenshot_7.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: AdamAG99T

Not much you can do about it sadly.
Message 3 of 4
jjskala
in reply to: AdamAG99T

You can't get rid of it but you don't have to look at it.  On my desktop monitor I "shifted"  the display to the left using the monitors controls.  When I take a screen shot of the display it looks like what you are experiencing but when I am drafting what I see is a shifted screen...so for instance I see about 2/3 of the Close button upper right and the Customization in the  Status Bar button lower right...they still work but when I hover over them the tips I get read Clos and Customizatio    So the issue is still there but I don't see it...left side of screen looks fine

Another work around I use on my laptop for the same issue is to select the same color Background as I use in Autocad.  Then I crop my Desktop image to leave a small vertical (black in this case) border on either side of the image.  That ends up looking like this...

ca6ad513-dbcd-4768-b250-37ecdf2037b3.jpg

Again, the issue is still there but it doesn't show while drafting...

Message 4 of 4
jjskala
in reply to: jjskala

Oops  "shifted" display to the right

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report