Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Link Table (Match and Merge) to Excel Table - without Data Extraction

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chuck.Ross
1014 Views, 3 Replies

Data Link Table (Match and Merge) to Excel Table - without Data Extraction

Is it possible via Data Link to match Cells in an AutoCAD table to cells in an Excel Spreadsheet and merge in the additional data from the excel sheet without going through Data Extraction?

I am creating a rebar bend table. - However, I do not have "blocked" rebars to "count" via Data Extraction.

Instead, I have a simple table where, in the first column I'd like to type a quantity, and in the second column type a bar mark. - I'd like via Data Link to match the Bark mark I type in the second column to a Bar Mark in an excel spreadsheet. - This match would then pull in additional columns of Pin Diameter, and bends A-n, and weight to create a full bend table.

I can seem to find a way to do this data matching without going through data extraction... Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck Ross

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Chuck.Ross

Hi @Chuck.Ross,

Can you show me the sample drawing table and excel file that you would like to link? From your description of the problem this might be possible but I want to be clear that I understand the requirements a bit better.

Please also tell me which version of Excel and AutoCAD you are using.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
Chuck.Ross
in reply to: john.vellek

John here is a screenshot and the associated files:

Rebar Table link screen shot.png

Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Chuck.Ross

Hi @Chuck.Ross,

Without the DataExctraction I have not been able to get this to work the way you requested.  Is there a reason you don't want to enter the quantities directly in the spreadsheet and then have it linked to a table inside of AutoCAD?

There are quite a few Excel add-in utilities in the Autodesk App Store. Perhaps there is one that has the functionality.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta