Did you mean: 

Dashed polylines appear only outlined on model space

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lais.r.f
2205 Views, 6 Replies

Dashed polylines appear only outlined on model space

I have the following problem on my drawing: I have a few dashed polylines that appear normal in the layout, but show up only as an outline in the model space. That is, I see only an outline of the dashes.

UCS is set to world, view is set to current, visual style is set to 2D. All Polylines have no elevation. Linetype was set to some weird imported linetype, but I already changed them all to one of the autocad default dashed lines (DASHED 2 or so)

The weirdest bit: If I create a new polyline and set the same linetype and global thickness, it appears normal, solid. But if I try to match properties of the new line to the existing lines, the old lines remain hollow. In fact, if I match the properties of the newly created line to any of the lines that already existed in this drawing, the old lines turn to the same type and thickness of the new line, but hollow. The file was in a weird UCS (with a Z value, even though it's a 2D drawing) when I got it, but again, I fixed that and moved all polylines "down" so they have no Z value to them. An older version of this file, from before the UCS was set to world, seem to show the lines normally.
Anyone has an idea where the problem could be?

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: lais.r.f

HI,

can you share those dashed polylines as a CAD dwg file for testing please ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
cadffm

Your View to the polylines are not perpendicular.

QuickTest:

Command: _UCS

_object

<select one of these polylines>

Command: _PLAN

_current

REGEN

Works? Then it is what i wrote, your View to the polylines are not perpendicular.

OR

Your SHADEMODE is set to HIDDEN or something like this

Command: _SHADEMODE

_2DW

With your DWG as attachment it would be much better for the helper 😉

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
lais.r.f
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm You're right, that seems to be the problem

@cadffm @imadHabash I can't share the file, but I copied one of those polylines to a different file, which is attached. It seems like the drawing has been constructed on a different plane and now all the lines in it are like that. Is it possible to easily fix this or will I have to just make it work with the "original" UCS / accept the weird looking lines?

Message 5 of 7
vinodkl

Hi @lais.r.f 

The elevation of the polyline is shown as zero in properties, but not exactly. See the snapshot of the polyline from the right side view you can see that one side the polyline is at zero and the other side is at different levels🙂 

You can correct by using the command "FLATTEN"

vinodkl_0-1601980090547.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 7
imadHabash

Hi,

Thanks for your CAD file . your polyline has a multi elevation numbers !! i just use FLATTEN command and it's work fine . see attached CAD file

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
lais.r.f

Thanks, everyone, it worked! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta