Did you mean: 

Custom Screen Menu 2016

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3711 Views, 8 Replies

Custom Screen Menu 2016

I just upgraded from autocad 2014 to 2016.  I have a custom screen menu my company uses. (see picture #1 from an older version of autocad, right side of screen).  I have it loaded in my CUI user interface (see picture 1 left side).  But when I turn on the screen menu SCREENMENU (1) it shows autocads defult screen menu (see picture 2).  In the CUI user interface both acad & chardam screen menus are loaded.  You can see this from the pictures.  Just wondering how to get my custom screen menu to load and not the autocad's default menu.  thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

having a menu loaded does not automatically mean that it is shown in the active workspace.

Select your workspace, then click on "Customize Workspace" and when this is active make sure to activate (setting the checkbox) on all items of the left side of the CUI-dialog you like to have active.

- alfred -

PS: have not seen anyone using the side-menu for decades now 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am part of the younger generation that doesn't use it.  But the older guys here that are stuck on their ways need it.  So thats the job i get, is trying to make it work for them.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Still no luck. Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Still no luck. Any other ideas?

That means you have your workspace loaded which has the checkboxes on but you don't see the side menu?

I tried now with my 2016 version of AutoCAD:

(setvar "SCREENMENU" 1)

...and I can see my old screenmenu (amazing to get remembered to the very old days 😉 😞

2015-10-15 18-24-47.png

So I would start with making sure the original menu is loaded (maybe start with reset settings to default >>>click<<<) and then just activate the screenmenu without loading any other menus or migrate settings.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am able to bring up the defult autocad screenmenu seen in picture #2.  But in my custom .cuix file i have loaded called chardam.  I have a custom screenmenu as you can see from screenmenu #1.  The picture i took in #1 is in an older version of autocad.  I am trying to load that same screenmenu in 2016 but all i am getting is the default screenmenu.

I have figured a way to fix it but it is a pain and might be the only way.  And that is to open up my custom chardam.cuix and copy each command that is under my custom screenmenu file under legacy and paste it in the screenmenu that is in the acad.cuix.  Then deleting all the defult commands that are currently in the acad screenmenu.  That was the only way i could figure it out.  But was hoping there was a quicker way.

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

your workaround may be the only option you'll have as this type of menu was last time under development when there didn't exist parial menu's.

You can also see that systemvariable SCREENMENU does not work directly for years now, so any new functions in CUI-development will not touch the old style side-menu.

Well, I would try it if you upload your cuix, maybe there is an option, but I would not count on that.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 9
viporpa

You must enter your cui by typing "cui" at command prompt.

You need to have your old cui file from your previous version. If you do , and you have loaded into your cui on your new version then you are ready.

click the "transfer" buttton at top left of screen while in your cui. On the right side of screen it will allow you to load a file to transfer from. Load your old cui file. In the legacy section of your old cui you should see screenmenu. Just drag and drop to the legacy section of your new cui and your done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report