Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Hairs over angled lines become dashed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
396 Views, 2 Replies

Cross Hairs over angled lines become dashed

When I hover over angled lines with my cross-hairs the angled lines become dashed. The angled lines remain dashed until I either pan around or zoom in or out. Imeddiatly after zooming or panning if I hover over an angled line again it becomes dashed again. This does not happen to lines that are angled at 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees. I saw on a previous post that they suggested turning off the SELECTIONPREVIEW but this is not what seems to be causing the problem. When SELECTIONPREVIEW is turned off the problem continues. I am using AutoDesk 2014. The screen shot I attached was after I brushed my crosshairs through every single line on that view without clicking on any line. Notice all the angled lines are now dashed but not horizantal or vertical lines. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

I would also expect the reason the lines display dashed when the crosshairs pass over them to be the SELECTIONPREVIEW setting.  Which have you tried?

There should be no highlighting or dashing at all if SELECTONPREVIEW = 0,  If SELECTIONPREVIEW = 2, they should only dash when a command is active.

Regarding why the stay dashed, I would suspect a problem with the display system.  It appears Hardware Acceleration is disabled in your screenshot.  Does your system support Hardware Acceleration, and does it make a difference if you enable it.  (Statusbar icon in the lower right, or GRAPHICSCONFIG at the Command line)

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

It was the GRAPHICSCONFIG! Thank you!!!!

Sent from Windows Mail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta