Did you mean: 

Creating a Solid help???

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
345 Views, 5 Replies

Creating a Solid help???

Ok, so I don't know AutoCAD...I had my father who is an architect create the attached file so that I could use it to have this 3d printed.  I have a wireframe work but don't know how to get it to a solid so I can export it as an stl file.  Can anyone help?  Sorry for the newbie questions.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and Welcome to AutoCAD Forum,

>> I have a wireframe work but don't know how to get it to a solid << 

your model is drawn as a 3d model but actually this model need to be convert to a solid (as you asked) by using EXTRUDE,PRESSPULL commands and many other commands.then change your visual style to see those 3d solid elements.

please use EXPORT command export it as an stl file.  >>Click <<

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, please see screencast. hope it helps . thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Ok...I created the base using the extrude like you showed.  But how do I remove the other sections from the base so they are cutouts?  Not solid shapes.  I've included the updated file.

Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

To make cutouts or "slots' is pretty simple. I made a rectangle and presspulled it up. then I moved it into the main solid bu a specific amount (I don't know if it is to removed all the way to the bottom or not). Then I used the SUBTRACT command to remove it from the main solid.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you been able to complete your model and get it to a STL file yet? Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report