Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a project template with Xrefs that will change orientation based on the specific project

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
settlemyer
228 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a project template with Xrefs that will change orientation based on the specific project

I need to create a set of standard template drawings that will use a specific Site Layout xref which we receive from the customer, however there is equipment that we provide that is standard.  The issue I am having is the locations as well as orientations of our "standard equipment' will need to update based on each project.

I am curious if there is a way to attach text and annotations/notes that will update based on the appropriate xref layout you choose or if anyone has any recommendations on a good way to layout a template drawing where viewports will have to be changed based on the locations of our "standard equipment"?

Thank you very much, all comments are welcome. 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobDraw
in reply to: settlemyer

Based on the limited amount of information that you've provided, I would say it's not possible.

If you can provide an example of how you would like it to work, I'm sure you will get some viable workflows.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report