Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a gml document with autocad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
292 Views, 3 Replies

Create a gml document with autocad

Hello, i am trying to create a gml file with Autocad, but when i  download the .zip file (the one needed to create this gml document) and try to open the .lsp file inside this other one Autocad wont let me open it. I don't know if the problema is Autocad or the file i'm trying to download from the internet, but it's the only file uploaded i can find. I'd appreciate it if you could help me. 

Thanks very much.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Do you get a warning when you try to open the file?  Have you tried adding it's folder location to the Trusted path in Options?  I can try it on my computer if you can share the file or a link on where to obtain it.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
beyoungjr

Not sure if I'm following but I'll try...

Unzip your zip file to a location of your choice.  If you intend to keep a library of LISP routines then make a folder somewhere.

Use your left mouse button to drag and drop your LISP file (XXX.lsp) into your AutoCAD drawing.  Respond with "Load Once" so you can test it before you commit to further use.

Once loaded you can type the designated name for the routine to make it execute (maybe gml is the executable name?).

I'm not sure of what you LISP file is intended to do but that's a short on getting it going for a test drive.  If it works as anticipated then respond with "Always Load" the next time you drop it into a drawing.

Hope this helps,

Blaine

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 4 of 4
ChicagoLooper

It sounds like you're trying to draw a map. The extension .gml is geography markup language and cannot be read by plain vanilla Cad. To verify, go to the Application button (the big red A in the upper left corner of your monitor) and select Import=>Other Formats then click the 'Files of type' dropdown to view the types of files that are supported.

If you have, or know someone with Civil 3D or Map 3D, then send them the gml file and have them perform a Save As for you. The only other alternative is to find the 'data' in a format other than gml such as, but not limited to,  dxf or dgn.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta