Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you please help me determine if this product is suitable for me?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 2 of 5
davisolivia596
391 Views, 4 Replies

Could you please help me determine if this product is suitable for me?

Hello Autodesk team,

I am a beginner in 3D modeling and am looking for some user-friendly 3D modeling software to help me practice. After learning about several of your products, I became interested in AutoCAD. However, I noticed that it is primarily used in industrial applications. So, I would like to ask if this software is suitable for modeling smaller objects, such as a sofa or a bed? Additionally, I saw that the interface is very clean and clear, with many features. I am concerned that it might be difficult for a beginner to learn and get started. Can I import my models from the RANGE 2 3D scanner into the software? My scanner can only export files in PLY, OBJ, and STL formats. For example, a model like the one shown below.

I would greatly appreciate your response. If you have any other suggestions that might be more suitable for me, please let me know. Also, I would like to ask if there are any current promotional offers? If I purchase the software, how can I find tutorial videos?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

Hello Autodesk team,

I am a beginner in 3D modeling and am looking for some user-friendly 3D modeling software to help me practice. After learning about several of your products, I became interested in AutoCAD. However, I noticed that it is primarily used in industrial applications. So, I would like to ask if this software is suitable for modeling smaller objects, such as a sofa or a bed? Additionally, I saw that the interface is very clean and clear, with many features. I am concerned that it might be difficult for a beginner to learn and get started. Can I import my models from the RANGE 2 3D scanner into the software? My scanner can only export files in PLY, OBJ, and STL formats. 

I would greatly appreciate your response. If you have any other suggestions that might be more suitable for me, please let me know. Also, I would like to ask if there are any current promotional offers? If I purchase the software, how can I find tutorial videos?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5

@davisolivia596 ,

Welcome to the forum!

This forum is a community mostly of users, but you can chat with a sales team or navigate the site to answer most of your questions:

ValentinWSP_1-1718878488458.png

ValentinWSP_0-1718878416137.png

ValentinWSP_4-1718878747398.png

ValentinWSP_2-1718878638938.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 5
RSomppi
in reply to: davisolivia596

@davisolivia596 wrote:

I noticed that it is primarily used in industrial applications.

I don't think that is true. It is a very versatile product that can be used in many ways.

@davisolivia596 wrote:

So, I would like to ask if this software is suitable for modeling smaller objects, such as a sofa or a bed?

Absolutely, yes.

@davisolivia596 wrote:

I am concerned that it might be difficult for a beginner to learn and get started.

It can be. Some people have a feel for this stuff and can be self taught. Some need formal training. Personally, I tood a full time class for Drafting and Design with AutoCAD that was a year long.

@davisolivia596 wrote:

If I purchase the software, how can I find tutorial videos?

Search the internet. There is a lot out there.

Message 5 of 5
RSomppi
in reply to: davisolivia596

-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta