Did you mean: 

Copy viewed lines of a hidden view

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
49355 Views, 6 Replies

Copy viewed lines of a hidden view

Hello: I'm making cuts on a bulding drawing and it's hard to select viewed lines, but it would be very easy and useful if I could copy de viewed lines on a hidden view.

Is there a way to copy ONLY the viewed lines of a hidden view?

If not it should be possible and a major tool to add to Autocad.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understand your question, you want to create 2D projected views from the 3D Model which show only the visible lines.  Here are some of the available tools:

FLATSHOT <-- Youtube demo

VIEWBASE / Drawing Views  <-- Autodesk University Screeencast  (skip the first 6 minutes to get into the subject matter

SECTION  <-- Help files

Message 3 of 7
BrianBenton

Are you working with a 3D model and are referring to "hidden lines" that way? Or do you mean 2D linework and want to select "hidden lines" that are dashed?

If you are working with 2D lines, then put your hidden lines on their own layer. You can freeze that layer or make a selection set based on that layer, or a dozen other ways. You could also select one hidden line, right-click, and pick the SELECT SIMILAR option. That will pick all lines similar to the one you picked first.

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

When I apply Flatshot I get a flat view of ALL the lines but I want ONLY the viewed lines.

What I intend to do is to copy ONLY the viewed lines in order to draw a view of a façade or a cut of the entire building which, of course, I have drawn in 3D.

The thing is that since the display shows only de viewed lines when hidden, I supposed the program selects and stores somewhere ONLY the viewed lines of the  hidden view, and those lines, the viewed lines, are the ones I want to copy because, if not, I have to delete eachhidden  line one by one or subtract solids made from the apparent lines to the whole 3D drawing , then explode and keep the regions or lines left after the explode command.

I don't know if I explain myself but it would be like if I took a picture of the hidden view but keeping the viewed lines and ONLY the viewed lines  as separate entities or regions as autocad object which I could measure and manipulate.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I didn't uncheck "Show obscured lines"

Now it works PERFECTLY.

Thanks a lot.

You're GREAT !!!!

Message 6 of 7
nestly2

I'm sorry I didn't point that out in my previous message.

Glad you figured it out  🙂

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you very much. You have saved me lots of hours of work.

As we say in spanish: "That who doesn't know is like that who doesn't see"

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report