Did you mean: 

Copy-Paste Hebrew text from a pdf file it became Gibrish

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
amir.aroesti
1636 Views, 10 Replies

Copy-Paste Hebrew text from a pdf file it became Gibrish

Hi all

I have an issue when plotting pdf including TTF (no matter which font - Ariel for example).

I chose in setting to plot the text as a text and not geometry.

it works fine, it's plotting the text well but the problem is when I'm trying to Copy-Paste the text from the pdf file it became Gibrish.

Any idea what setting I need to fix it up?

thanks. 

***THE POST TITLE HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY***

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
MaccyDee
in reply to: amir.aroesti

Where are you trying to paste the text to? its likely that the program your pasting into doesnt have the same font style as autocad, if you know where the original font file came from you can try and install it again

Message 3 of 11
amir.aroesti
in reply to: MaccyDee

Hi,

I'm using the default ariel font.

I try to copy-paste to notepad/search line on chrome ...no matter where it creates a Gibrish word.

any idea?

Message 4 of 11
amir.aroesti

By the way, copy-paste English text with the same font (ariel) works well! 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 11
pendean

>>>... copy-paste English text with the same font (ariel) works well...<<<
@amir.aroesti a variation of the first reply to your post is the problem, the solution may be with to-date the unknown settings you hose to create the PDF or limitations of your PDF reader on that machine reading Hebrew https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/hebrew-ttf-true-type-font-plotting-pdf/m-p/10917416#M10...

If you think there is an AutoCAD solution then reach out to support like this while you wait https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....
Message 6 of 11

Here is my result when i copy from your PDF and paste into autocad. Looks very similar, although i know nothing about Hebrew. Is this what your result looks like...?

01.png

Message 7 of 11

@dany_rochefort wrote:

Here is my result when i copy from your PDF and paste into autocad. ....

My result, taking from what looks like this in the PDF using Bluebeam Revu's text-selection:

Kent1Cooper_0-1643663933959.png

comes out like this when I paste it into AutoCAD with STANDARD as the current Text Style, defined to use the default Arial TTF font:

Kent1Cooper_1-1643663976341.png

which has some similarities but certainly looks quite different overall, though I don't know any Hebrew, either.

[By the way, the word is "gibberish."]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 11
amir.aroesti
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

thanks, both @dany_rochefort  and @Kent1Cooper  !

u understand exactly what I'm trying to say.

Of curse, you don't know Hebrew but I guess you can understand the graphical of the latter and understand something wrong there. actually, you can try to use Google Translate 🙂

(basement beams plans)

as you can see in @Kent1Cooper post.

when comparing the first word goes to end

the middle one replace 2 latter

and the third is totally rubbish 😕

I'm adding the dwg file.

Message 9 of 11
pendean

@amir.aroesti Also not A Hebrew reader here but I see changes in AutocAD

pendean_2-1643721510039.png

and MSWord does something similar

pendean_1-1643721446145.png

MSExcel does the same

pendean_0-1643721379788.png

You have something else going on just as I stated. You need local assistance from other Hebrew-Language users in Windows, it looks to be backwards to me and no so much as "gibberish".

pendean_3-1643721663533.png

I see this issue posted all over the web too, try the search term HEBREW COPY/PASTE APPEARS REVERSED.

Shalom Shalom and yalla bye!

Message 10 of 11
amir.aroesti
in reply to: pendean

hi @pendean 

Believe me, I know Hebrew, and it's not only backward.

some letters have been changed.

I try to connect with a local partner and no one know to give me a solution, therefor I chose to write here a post.

Message 11 of 11
MaccyDee

been googling this problem, this seems to be an inherent issue with the way hebrew is written and read (from right to left) and the way unicode text is stored
you need to change the system language to right to left hebrew (load a keyboard layout in windows (or mac if youre using that) and try again.
Some people are having success with using MS Word to reverse the order and then copying after switching to hebrew keyboard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report