Did you mean: 

Copy and Move in 2021 seem jagged

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
sdvannelli
911 Views, 15 Replies

Copy and Move in 2021 seem jagged

Has anyone else noticed that Copy and Move seem "jagged" in 2021 compared to 2020? It's almost like the F9 snap is on, but not that drastic. I have tried it on 2 different computers and get the same result both times. One install is a plain vanilla install and the other had migration, but the results are the same. Has anyone else seen this?

Win 10 Pro, Core i5, 32gb ram, AMD FirePro W5000, all drivers up to date, Graphics config set to 2D Advanced mode (although changing that made no difference). It's small, but it's annoying.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rkmcswain
in reply to: sdvannelli

@sdvannelli - I'm not seeing that here. Looks and feels the same as it always has.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 16
pendean

No issue here either: but 2021 graphics engine has changed, your video card might be picking up on that.

Post a screenshot of your GRAPHICSCONFIG command from 2020 and 2021, let's compare.
Message 4 of 16
sdvannelli
in reply to: pendean

Here is the top of 2020:

sdvannelli_0-1586210783931.png

and here is the top of 2021:

sdvannelli_1-1586210831192.png

No idea why the "Feature mode" is different. It's the same card on the same computer. I also attached the actual tuner logs from both. Also not sure why 2020 & 2021 show 2DRETAINMODE differently because they are both set to off, and changing to on made no difference. As I said, this is very slight, but I can pick it up both in the object and the rubber band attaching the object to the base point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 16
STECH0315

I am having the same problem.

Message 6 of 16
imadHabash
in reply to: STECH0315

HI,

would you please attache here a screencast to show us your issue , and post it in a new post ? 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
cadffm

@STECH0315  schrieb:

I am having the same problem.

Also in a new created DWG [acad.dwt or acadiso.dwt] with, never saved in older formats than dwg2018,

only new created objects [nothing imported, no xref to older files]?

For usual such a clean created file works well, is it the same on your side?

Sebastian

Message 8 of 16
STECH0315
in reply to: cadffm

Yes. The newly created dwg is the same.

Message 9 of 16
cadffm

in a new created DWG [acad.dwt or acadiso.dwt] with, never saved in older formats than dwg2018,

only new created objects [nothing imported, no xref to older files]?

Thats unusual.

Please create such a file and draw a line, saveas(dwg2018) and upload this file here.

Sebastian

Message 10 of 16
rkmcswain

For anyone having this issue, please do what @imadHabash suggested and create a Screencast so that we can SEE what it looks like to you. This will also let us SEE other things perhaps.

Turn ON the visibility of ALL of your status bar icons before making the screencast please.

status-bar-icons-autocad.png

Message 11 of 16
STECH0315
in reply to: rkmcswain

I solved it with INTELLIGENTUPDATE <0>

Message 12 of 16
sdvannelli

Yes you did!!! Thank you!

What's odd is that this variable has been around I believe since 2016, and you never had to change it before. ACAD 2020 works perfect with it set to 20, but changing it to zero definitely cleaned up 2021.

Message 13 of 16
pendean

That simply means R2021 does not play well with your graphics card/current driver: R2021 added some graphics changes.

Message 14 of 16
rkmcswain

@sdvannelli wrote:

Yes you did!!! Thank you!

What's odd is that this variable has been around I believe since 2016, and you never had to change it before.

Interesting. I'm running a fairly low end PC for CAD (i7-8550U @ 1.80GHz, 16GB Ram, Radeon Pro WX 3100) and I don't see a difference either way with AutoCAD 2021.

Thanks for the update.

Message 15 of 16
sdvannelli

As an added 2021 issue that seems related, rectangular array also has an issue. Changing INTELLIGENTUPDATE to zero made it much better. To best see it, change INTELLIGENTUPDATE back to 20, make a simple vertical line and do a rectangular array. Notice that if you pull the arrow to increase the number of items, the added items disappear until you stop pulling the arrow. If you go back to 2020, the items updated live as you pulled the arrow. Changing INTELLIGENTUPDATE to zero helped this also (not quite as smooth as 2020, but much better). And as I mentioned in my last post, 2020 worked perfect with it set to 20 - there was no need to change it. Hopefully this helps Autodesk figure it out.

Message 16 of 16
pendean

It makes no difference here in R2021: the issue is your specific video card/driver version, this is a tool to help you get the program to work for you.

>>>...Hopefully this helps Autodesk figure it out....<<<
There is nothing for them to figure out: they put that variable in on purpose for folks like you with fragile systems.

>>>... I mentioned in my last post, 2020 worked perfect with it set to 20...<<<
And as I mentioned, R2021 changed how it interacts with video card, so it is different from R2020.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report