Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate display

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jwright1962
1297 Views, 10 Replies

Coordinate display

Is there a way to display coordinates such that the X, Y, Z displacements are displayed?   As far as I can tell, all the modes display either the actual coordinates or the "polar displacement vector" however, I would like to display the ΔX, ΔY and ΔZ from the base point.  Possible?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
imadHabash
in reply to: jwright1962

Hi,

>> Is there a way to display coordinates such that the X, Y, Z <<

regardless of how do you want it to display . i suggest to use ID command that it may help.

Regards,

Message 3 of 11
Vinayv4v

Hi,

You can also use LIST (LI).

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 4 of 11
Kent1Cooper

I think you're being misunderstood by earlier Replies.  If I understand correctly, you're looking for an option in the running display in the Coordinates slot in the tray at the bottom of the screen, as you Move or Copy or Rotate something, or are giving it the next point of a Line or Polyline, etc.  Is that correct?  [If so, I don't know of a way to get that.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 11
tramber

You got to togle COORDS with CTRL+I or by clicking directly on them or by typing 'COORDS followed by the change of the value (between 1 and 2, 0 meaning that u choose to turn them off).

Message 6 of 11
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: tramber

@tramber wrote:

You got to togle COORDS with CTRL+I or by clicking directly on them or by typing 'COORDS ....

They already know about that.  Re-read Post 1 -- they're looking for an option that COORDS does not  offer.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 11
tramber
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Yes you are right. It was late at the nigth and I was busy with another thread yesterday.

But I'm convinced MODEMACRO and DIESEL should offer a solution for your "deltas" need

There is a possibility that DIESEL is enough. With Autolisp, it should be easier, "delta-ing" with LASTPOINT variable.

I'll be back. Anyone who knows is welcome to anser but it should possible to do something.

Message 8 of 11
tramber
in reply to: tramber

Oups : i'm thinking : it is not possible to read the position of the cursor when you are in action unless you use GRREAD in lisp. But GRREAD needs complication to use snaping.

So I beleive one the best solution is to macro a UCS change before moving and then a step back in term of UCS.

What kind of manoeuver, what action do you plan to do ?

Message 9 of 11
dbroad

I may also have misunderstood and I'm not sure why you need to see the DeltaZ since mouse dragging will only affect the X and Y coordinates in the current UCS but

1. If you like dynamic input, with coordinates at the cursor, change the dynamic input settings from polar to rectangular for 2nd point and make sure that second points are relative, not absolute. Then the X and Y displacements will be shown at the cursor at the second point pick.
  2. If you don't like dynamic input, key-in 0,0 or 0,0,0 for the first point, then whatever point you pick will be a displacement.
  3. If you just need to key-in displacements, then key in the DeltaX, DeltaY, and DeltaZ for the first point and hit return for the second displacement point.
Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 10 of 11
jwright1962
in reply to: dbroad

First of all, thanks to the forum for all the responses.   Usually when I want to move/copy an object I don't really need the actually world coordinates of the new position. Sometimes, I just want to "see" what the "relative displacement" is.   The polar coordinate display in the "tray" is actually exactly what I'd like but instead of showing the polar "displacement , angle" I'd simply like the ΔX, ΔY and ΔZ in Cartesian coordinates displayed.   It seems there should be one more display option, say "COORDS = 4" (or whatever) that displays the ΔX, ΔY and ΔZ relative from the base point.   I guess that's not possible.  at any rate, appreciate the reply's and suggested workarounds. 

also, if you have an osnap set while dragging, the coordinate display in the tray will show the coordinates of the point it is "osnapping" to, so the delta Z would also be displayed.  

Message 11 of 11
tramber

You are right.

It could be useful. I agree and I must say that I pretty am a user of this device.

But I must say I'm satisfied with its polar version.

^c^c_ucs;\;_move;\;0,0;\_ucs;_p

This is a macro I made for you but it is only for the move command. In case of failure, your _ucs may be a _ucs that you don't want to have but it is easy to retrieve a Previous UCS, isn't it ?

The problem is that my little solution is only made for one command. You need to build as many macro as you want to adapt any command.

(edit)

Even better :

^c^c_ucs;\;_select;\_move;_p;;0,0;\_ucs;_p

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report