Did you mean: 

Converting multiple layout drawing file to separate individual drawing files

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
31225 Views, 19 Replies

Converting multiple layout drawing file to separate individual drawing files

Does anyone out there in Autocad land have a quick easy way to convert a multi-sheet drawing to single drawing files?  I have a drawing with multiple layouts on it with a separate drawing on each layout that I need to put into a format in single drawings that I can add to my project in Autocad Electrical 2015.  Anyone know the best way to do this?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

export layout?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous

God bless you!  that just saved my life!  I haven't used model space/paper space in a while, so I forgot about that one.  Awesome!  Thank you so much.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

FYI exportlayout will export each layout to separate file, but it will move your layout information into modelspace.

Attached is a lisp routine you an load which will automatically separate all layouts in drawing to individual cad files (layouts remain in paperspace)

each file will will have the name dwg_layoutname.dwg for the format. It's been very handy for me.

Message 5 of 20
Manicbala

Many Thanks Thereal.. It 's saves our time.

Thanks
Bala
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Manicbala

you can try with Layout Manager which is a free tool availabele to download from Autodesk Exchange store , gives more contorl on export layout, like save version, location and file naming etc.

watch the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIitx6gtUIM

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

I have been looking for something like this. This great, you saved me a ton of work, Thank you!!

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

You are genius TherealJD! You saved hours of work for me! 🙂 Thank you so much!! 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Very helpful,

great lisp

Thank You

Message 10 of 20
draftsman2020

Ty sm it was very helpful to me Heart

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

Hi! Will this copy any xrefs as well? 

Message 12 of 20
c.haynes-BM

Hi I'm looking for the exact opposite of this ...

I know right-click from template method - but I have 10 files I would like to combine

Does anyone know of a LSP for importing multiple individual sheets into one multiple-layout file?

Message 13 of 20
pendean
in reply to: c.haynes-BM

This post is about creating modelspace drawings from layouts.

Do you have 10 modelspace files that you want to automagically become 10-layouts in a single DWG file?

Or do you have 10-modelspace files with a single layout in each and you want to add the modelspace content into one DWG file then automagically create a layout for each and every one?

Or do you have paperspace only content in 10 dwg files that you want to transfer to layouts in a single DWG file?
Message 14 of 20
ericrussell1987

Great Tool!!
Message 15 of 20
c.haynes-BM
in reply to: pendean

Hi, very late reply: This one

"Or do you have 10-modelspace files with a single layout in each and you want to add the modelspace content into one DWG file then automagically create a layout for each and every one?"

The model space content is the same in each file, I want to consolidate each layout in the multiple files down to one file with multiple layouts - keeping the names of each layout within each file

Message 16 of 20
pendean
in reply to: c.haynes-BM

Nothing built-in quickly does all of that: you can use XREF or INSERT command for the modelspace content 'combining" task, then ADCENTER or LAYOUT command's TEMPLATE option to import all the layouts from other DWG files into the one (and you'll likely need to recreate the viewports). The layout names remain as is if they are unique, you already know AutoCAD will not allow layouts with the same names in one DWG file. It's a process.

I wonder if you really just need to adopt and use SSM (SheetSet Manager) instead of all of this. Explore it.

HTH
Message 17 of 20
riswanthespy

I have 1000 plots drawn as a single layout. like a whole layout of a area. now i have to draw as individual layout for 1000 plans as plot 1,2,3... etc. now do i need to draw 1000 individuals or is there any shortcuts

Message 18 of 20
maratovich
in reply to: riswanthespy

@riswanthespy  написал (-а):

I have 1000 plots drawn as a single layout. like a whole layout of a area. now i have to draw as individual layout for 1000 plans as plot 1,2,3... etc. now do i need to draw 1000 individuals or is there any shortcuts

No problem, use this - Revers 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 19 of 20
irajaD8V24

This is what I am looking for... I'm grateful. It helps me save a ton of time.

Message 20 of 20
Amriya_Exe

Thank you For that LIPS.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report