Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components marked as reference not visible in Base View

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
michael.harbove
352 Views, 1 Reply

Components marked as reference not visible in Base View

I am trying to reference an Inventor assembly into AutoCAD.  Despite the model importing, any components set as reference in the assembly model do not appear in the drawing view.  I can get them to appear randomly when hidden lines are turned on, but I want them to show when Hidden Lines Removed is the display style.  Any thoughts on how to correct this?  I am trying to create a workflow for our some of our engineers who need to do their work in AutoCAD.hIMG 02 - Hidden Lines RemovedIMG 02 - Hidden Lines RemovedIMG 02 - Hidden Lines - same view options as IMG 01IMG 02 - Hidden Lines - same view options as IMG 01

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Part of the workflow might have to include specific export options before exporting the assembly from Inventor. 

I am not familiar with Inventor. As far as AutoCAD, I would first try to BURST the assembly. If the object properties Selection box says "3D Solid (qty)", then you should be able to create your base view.  Then GROUP the parts together (as best fits what you are wanting to be visible in the VIEWBASE), so you don't have to select all of the components individually. 

It might help to post an assembly here that you export in the same way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report