Complex drawing with multiple layouts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
387 Views, 4 Replies

Complex drawing with multiple layouts

Greetings,

I am attempting to setup a rather complex drawing. The ultimate goal of my efforts is to have a sheetset that will plot out multiple layouts from one drawing. The complex part is I wish for each layouts viewport to look at the same location while only having to adjust one viewport. In order to capture all the information needed per layout I would also require that each layouts viewport be setup in a different layer state. Would anyone know how I could best go about doing this?

My current progress with this is I have all of the layouts in one document which has the corresponding files xref'd in on separate layers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

This doesn't sound all that tricky actually.  If you would like to attach your files I could help walk you through this step by step.

In the mean time this is how I would start.

Create your master file, insert your xref(s).

Now go to the first layout and create the viewport in the location and size you want. 

Double-click in the viewport and freeze, thaw, etc the layers to the condition you desire. Create a layer state for that particular viewport.

Now copy the Layout to a new one.

Open the viewport and again adjust the layers. Create a unique layer state for that viewport.

Do this as many times as necessary.

Make sure that your Visretain is set to 1 (on)

Next, create a new sheet set and import your layouts.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
scot-65

As Mr. Vellek suggested and my $0.02 worth...

Consider layer prefixing for each assembly/element.
A 2-character prefix followed by a dash or underscore
can be a starting point. That way, iterating thru each
viewport might be easier. When done, save as a DWT
for future use.

There will be "common" layers between each layout
and one is able to control the line weights of the visible
layers inside the viewports (example: change the vplayer
color if using CTB).

And Welcome to these Forums!

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi MHiga,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, I have been away on business. yes I do believe this should solve the issue im working through.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta