Coloring Circuit Maps - Counting The Connecting Segments

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
482 Views, 9 Replies

Coloring Circuit Maps - Counting The Connecting Segments

Hi,

I'm an analyst and i have a new project I am supporting that requires me to count the number of underground segments on a circuit map.

Some maps have 100 or up to 600 segments.

Is there a AutoCad feature that can count the number of connecting UG segments on any given map as opposed to me counting each one individually. The woman who had this task before stated that it took her up to 4hrs at times to complete.

I know there has to be an easier way ... looking for any suggestions you all have 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Qselect, filter out the color then use autolisp to get the total length if they aren't on their own layer.

Message 3 of 10
john.vellek

Hi brandy.scott and welcome to the Community!

@Patchy is right on the money with his suggestion. I have a attached a video showing the Qselect command in action. Also attached is an ancient routine for obtaining the total length of lines.

Remove it from the zip, put the LSP file in your support path and use appload it to add it to your drawing session. TOTLEN is the command to get it started.

(You can also drag the LSP file straight on top of your open drawing to load it)

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 10
3wood

600 segment, count 1 per second, we only need 10 minutes.

Print out a large hard copy then use red pen to count it. 4 hours? It must includes a lot of coffee and chatting time.

Message 5 of 10
john.vellek

Hi brandy.scott,

I am checking back to see if my post or @Patchy helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Will do!

Given the current need, printing out the maps on ledger to count the segments works best.

I will  be utilizing the LSP zip file shortly and will provide an update to the AutoCad community thereafter.

Thank you for your help!!

Message 8 of 10
Patchy

Counting segments can be EZ by using Erase command, it will prompt the number; Can always UNDO

Painless.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

So would the steps be to highlight the map in whole then type in the command "erase"- would the segment count be automatic or is there another step I need to take?
This solution sounds awesome ... I have 8 maps left to count & recolor
Message 10 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

just one additional option: select one object and then right click ==> "Select similar" and you get all objects with the same properties selected, the property window shows you the number of selected objects.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report