Did you mean: 

Color 255 doesn't Plot

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
maxwatson91
1925 Views, 4 Replies

Color 255 doesn't Plot

I am working on piping drawings and need to create a large arrow outline with a white fill to place on top of the piping geometry to indicate flow directions. My problem is that no matter what settings I change a solid hatch with color 255 will not plot correctly, it is either not plotting or plotting transparent. As I need transparency in the other parts of the drawing unchecking the plot transparency box is not an option. Likewise I've tried adjusting the screening value in my ctb but it will not plot regardless of the setting. Does anyone know how I can achieve what I need and why something that should be simple is this overcomplicated?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lbellino4
in reply to: maxwatson91

Hello. A couple of questions for you. 

1. Have you tried other colors to see if they would plot?
  2. Did you check the layer you drew this on to see if the plot option was turned off?

If you can provide a drawing sample of this, that would help, not just me, but for any others that may want to chime in. Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

255 is exceptionally faint, often used for masking/hiding by design, nothing you can do about it: any reason say color 254 is not an option, or create your own truecolor option instead to reach whatever visual you are trying to achieve?

That's the real answer to your question, no need to share anything, you're just trying to fight the program instead of working with it.

HTH
Message 4 of 5
maxwatson91
in reply to: pendean

I appreciate you guys responding. I've discovered a solution through some trial and error and believe I know what was happening but still am not sure why. To answer your questions I did attempt multiple close colors including 254 and close variations of 255,254,254 with no luck. When I tried any other color not on the grayscale it appears but with transparency. I triple checked all my layer settings and did not find an issue. Finally I had the thought to try layering a wipeout underneath the arrow and have found success. It appears that the hatch in my paper space was adapting the same transparency as some of the geometry in my model space that it was on top of in my viewport though I don't know why or how that would happen. Thank you for trying to assist.

Message 5 of 5
john.uhden

You've got to learn to live with and use some of the "features" that AutoCAD provides us.  Long before there was Wipeout, I used my own Whiteout with color 255.  I always preached to plot with "lines overwrite" turned on, so that you could treat your drawing like a ham and cheese sandwich... if the cheese is on top of the ham then the ham is hidden by the cheese.  But if you put the mustard on top of the cheese, then you can see it.  If you don't like seeing your mustard then put it under the cheese.  Draworder was a tremendous feature they added.

John F. Uhden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta