8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
marcbinnersley
530 Views, 8 Replies

Cloud rendering forum...

I have an issue with online rendering

Screenshot 2021-03-04 180536.jpg

- so I logged into the cloud Rendering and went to the Forum...

Screenshot 2021-03-04 180200.jpg

Which is now read only/locked and hasn't been updated in 8 months.

Is it dead does Online rendering exist anymore.

It still has links within the software and is touted as existing on the blurb for Autodesk products

Screenshot 2021-03-04 180434.jpg

- but doesn't have a forum...?

Screenshot 2021-03-04 180859.jpg

How does anyone get assistance?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: marcbinnersley

What software are you using that you sent for the rendering?
What is the webpage address for that rendering task?

Message 3 of 9
marcbinnersley
in reply to: pendean

Hi, pendean,

Using AutoCAD 2021.

The error says there is an error with the drawing so it won't be rendered online - it isn't being sent to a web address, it can't get that far.

Also, I wouldn't know where it was being sent... I used the "RENDERONLINE" command - it failed.

The model is a simple rectangle extruded with a camera pointed at it. No materials - no lights... just a test (because my actual model - with materials and lights also failed)

Message 4 of 9
pendean

If you have no lights and no materials, what's the point of rendering it online? I'm curious more than anything, try to use RENDER command on your PC inside R2021 instead to see that darkness you created and if any errors are reported inside the program that make more sense.

Look up the command in HELP, I'll get you started here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/ENU/AutoC...
Message 5 of 9
marcbinnersley

Thanks, Pendean for the input - obviously the post was slightly too long for you to be able to read all of it in one sitting.

To get you started I've made it easier for you...

No materials - no lights... just a test (because my actual model - with materials and lights also failed)

Message 6 of 9
pendean

LOL, nice rant.

You may have not understood my reply in the fog over there: use RENDER command in AutoCAD2021 "just a test" to find out for sure why your model is failing, the program tends to give better feedback.

If there is no error.... Sign into your account page, tap the ? button at the top right, start a support ticket and inquire about the online service issue you are facing.

Reminder: these forums are not Autodesk Support, we are all end users just like you helping each other out. Autodesk Support is found at your Account Page.
Message 7 of 9
marcbinnersley

Thanks, Pendean - I did feel better!

I've already issued a support ticket - just waiting on a reply.

The "RENDER" command works fine - the problem is in AutoCAD processing it for cloud rendering is an automatic fail if it is a complex model or the simplest "test".

The initial post was a 2 part post....

What has happened to the Render Forum... all I can access is a "Read only" locked forum page that hasn't been updated in 8 months.

Has the Rendering forum been dissolved?

Can anyone else access it?

Why isn't Rendering online listed as having a support forum anymore?

If it isn't active anymore - why isn't there a holding page or a redirect on where to get advice etc...

Hopefully, you and other users might have some input for this...

Message 8 of 9
pendean

>>>...I've already issued a support ticket - just waiting on a reply....<<<
IF you do not hear back by EOB today, start another support ticket Monday AM (don't do it on the weekend, that seems to go into that big filing cabinet in the sky LOL).

Rendering Forum is dead because the folks in charge of the Online-Rendering no longer wish to deal with it. There is nothing you nor I can do about it, it is up to that Team to reactivate it.

HTH
Message 9 of 9
marcbinnersley

Thank you.

I thought that might be the case.

I'm just surprised there are no redirects or explanation and that the links to the forum haven't been removed etc...

Have a great weekend,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta