Did you mean: 

Chromium host executable are taking so much CPU power

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
20241 Views, 28 Replies

Chromium host executable are taking so much CPU power

Chromium host executable are taking 50-60% of CPU! and it is still taking the same amount even when I am not using AutoCAD or even anything else. And when using AutoCAD the CPU gets really hot that I am scared that the CPU are going to overheat. 

I'm using AutoCAD 2017

Window 10

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Disabling online help did not work. The Chromium exe is still using 50% of my CPU. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Message 22 of 29
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Try disabling the Desktop App, Online Help, A360.

Can you also prepare a NFO file for me?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous

Im also having the same problem, chromium exectuable is consuming a lot o CPU, how can i disable it?

Message 24 of 29
john.vellek

YHi @Anonymous,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with the Chromium process.

• You can open Task Manger and End the process.
  • Switch from online help to offline help
  • You can log out of A360
  • You can uninstall A360 desktop.
  • You can also uninstall the Autodesk Desktop App but you should make sure that you check for application hotfixes and updates in your account page on a frequent basis then.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: edwardorde

My grandson is taking an Autocad course at EFSC. His computer won't install Autocad 2018 so he loaded it on mine a Dell XPS one_2701. Core i5 - 3450S @2.80GHz with 7.9 Gb usable RAM, 64 bit. Running Windows 10 Home ver 1708 OS Build 16299.192. Autocad has been installed less than a week. The immediate affect was that Chromium was running an inordinant amount of time. My mail system would time out because it couldn't connect to the server in a reasonable amount of time. Browser windows would not load. Some MS Office documents (word and excel) would not load.

I read many of your posts on the subject. Could not find A360 anywhere but in ACAD startup screen it says to sign into A360. What I did find in Task Manager was the "Autocad Desktop App" under which 3 or 4 Chromium sub-apps were running continuously even when Autocad is closed. Could not kill or diable them individually but could and did disable the "Autocad Desktop App". The problem went away. So far restarting or shutting off the computer does not re-enable the app and using Autocad does not do so.

If the only drawback is that updates won't come automatically, how do I check for them manually and how often do I check for them? If I were in the drafting or archituectual design business I would look for a different solution other than Autocad just because of this feature alone.

Gerald Biernger

Message 26 of 29
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I suggest that first we determine why AutoCAD 2018 wont install on the first computer. Did you receive any error messages when trying to install?  Please give me some details.

Your 2nd computer actually looks a bit underpowered to run AutoCAD 2018.  While the Chromium service issue is not a new one it affects very few systems and it usually only happens on systems on the lower end of the capability spectrum.  This has happened on my own home laptop so I can certainly understand your frustration.  Once I killed the Autodesk Desktop App to stop the services from hogging resources, the problemnever again presented itself. The Desktop App still loads on my side with out any problems.

Is your grandson able to logon to A360 from within AutoCAD?  This is how a license is getting checked. If not, I suggest he go to the a360.autodesk.com site and logon on there. Perhaps their is a password issue.

Application updates can be obtained both through the Desktop App as well as through the Account page. In addition, many updates can also be downloaded from the AKN.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous

Sorry @john.vellek for late response

Your instruction worked great.

Thank you.

Message 28 of 29
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Thanks for coming back to let me know!

John Vellek

Message 29 of 29
Anonymous

Hello!

I came here to see if someone could help me with the chromium problem. My notebook was working very bad becouse of this process. But thanks to desabling A360 + Autodesk Desktop + Online Help my notebook when to normal functions. THANKS GOD. 

Thank you for the help. My Dell aprecciates it. 

Sorry for bad english.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report