Did you mean: 

Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
35242 Views, 9 Replies

Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes

I have problem with Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes, running on my PC by acwebbrowser.exe application stored in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Desktop App\AcWebBrowser ; - folder.

I understood, that these processes have to do with Autodesk products and there are many users with same, or even worse problem than mine.

I have Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD Mechanical installed on my PC.

After a start of PC, there are immediately 3 Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes running, even none of the Autodesk products has been started.

These 3 processes consumes approximately 0,4 GHz of my processor right from the blank, what is accompanied with processor cooler fan revving ( 3000 rpm ) and subsequent annoying noise. They also eats 90 MB of RAM. They eat electricity/battery and thermally stress processor – for nothing.

I am able to manually kill all 3 processes in Task Manager, but it is just particular solution for the session. At the next PC start, they pop up again. After their killing, the processor loading and fan noise disappears.

So I would like to ask you for advice how to make it, that these processes will not arise with the start of the PC – possibly just with start of AutoCAD or Inventor, and the shut down with these apps closing.

I tried several methods mentioned about this issue on internet, but none works for me :

- I have not A360

- I disabled online help in AutoCAD, while in Inventor help remained online, because I have not downloaded offline help files

- I have Autodesk Desktop App downloaded but not installed ( startup type set to Manual )

Thank you for advice

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear that the Chromium processes are causing stress on your system.

You might try uninstalling A360 drive from your system as well as setting STARTMODE to 0 in AutoCAD.  This might keep the service from launching.

I am not sure why on certain computers these instances run more intensely than on others.  I will see if I can pursue this a bit more and post back.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello John,

thank you for your reply.

As I see, there are many users who experience same problems with Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes.

In my case :

- I should not have A360 installed - I do not see it anywhere among installed programs nor within Autodesk Unistall Tool list.

- I disabled Start Tab in all AutoCADs I have ( AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, + their language versions ), but Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes still auto-runs after restart of PC. Should I disable Start Tab in all Autodesk products that I have ( Inventor, Vault, Design Review, + their sub-utilities, apps... ) ?

After this change Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes remains the same - 3 processes, 14% CPU usage, higher CPU temps, high fan revs ->high noise.

Is the STARTMODE command executable also somewhere in AutoCADs "Options" window ?

Do you have any other advices ? Is this new issue allied with 2017, 2018 Autodesk products ?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 10
dajum
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

I too have this annoying issue, only worse.  It can use up about half of my cpu, with 3 processes running 46 threads.  This is really intolerable.  I'd like to be able to terminate them permanently as well. 

Thanks,

Dave

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dajum

Hi Dave,

Temporary solution is to kill the least CPU using proces of (3) Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes. Doing this, it shuts down other Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes for current PC session.

But along with next PC start, Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes start again.

Yes, we are missing permanent solution of Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes issue.

Message 6 of 10
dajum

The 3 processes appear to be immortal on my machine.  End Task in the task manager has no effect.  I'm on Windows 10, and maybe that makes a difference.  I would just like some control over the processes directly from Autodesk.  The processes don't appear to add any value, so to be able to prevent them from starting would be perfect.

Dave

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I run MS W10 too.

When Chromium host executable (32-bit.) processes are "immortal" then I restart my PC, and then kill them successfully according method written before.

I hope that someone give us permanent solution.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Log out of the Destop App
Log out of A360

Uninstall both of the above while you are at it.

Set HELP for local access, not web access https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-a...

Restart WIndows10: that should do it.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

mcgyvr wrote :

Go into the system tray and right click on "Autodesk Desktop app" and select "exit"

Then

Uninstall "Autodesk Desktop App"

Then restart your computer

That should help quite a bit.

Note that you will no longer be automatically notified of software updates.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Stating the problem is often a better approach than asking how to do what you think the solution should be
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 10 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Well - I finally have found solution thanks to your advises, but may be you would not belie it, it is opposite to your advises.

I had Autodesk Desktop App in system tray as option to install . It was not installed. So...

1. I installed Autodesk Desktop App on my PC

2. I installed all updates, offered by Autodesk Desktop App

3. I restarted my PC and....

4. Bingo - it works !!!

The Chromium host executable ( 32-bit ) processes remained 3, but with 0% loading of my processor. One of them sometimes shortly jumps to 0,2% ( 0,005 GHz ) which is very acceptable. This is is after the start and during the running of my PC.

When I run

AutoCAD - there are 9 processes, but they consume up to 0,01 GHz of processor speed right after the start

AutoCAD Mechanical - there are 9 processes, but they consume up to 0,005 GHz of processor speed right after the start

Autodesk Inventor - there are 9 processes, but they consume up to 0,005 GHz of processor speed right after the start

All Autodesk apps are set to start with MyHome screen, and I dont have A360 installed. Of course, there is not that annoying fan revving. I am happy now.

I hope, that this helps you too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report