Did you mean: 

Changing the size of cable tray.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ryan
833 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the size of cable tray.

When I change the size of a block (for example cable tray, length of pipe) I click on the object, then click one of the arrows to amend it. I will then enter a value i.e 100 and hit enter.

Now it used to be that when i entered 100 this would be the new size of the object, however, something has changed and now it will increase it's size by 100 on each side which is not as useful as just entering the new size required.

Does anyone know what setting has changed and how i can change it back?  Many thanks!

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vinodkl
in reply to: ryan

Hi,

Please post the block so that we can help you out. Meanwhile, try turning off the dynamic input by pressing "F12" key or by typing in the command "DYNMODE" and setting it to "0". See if that solves the problem🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
ryan
in reply to: vinodkl

Thanks, that didn't seem to affect it.

I have attached a file with the tray.

After i highlight it and click an arrow to change it's size i enter a value and hit enter but this changes it by that amount instead of changing it to that amount. hope that makes sense. Thanks

Message 4 of 5
vinodkl
in reply to: ryan

Hi,

Sorry, @ryan I assumed it the other way. 

Try this: Type in the command "DYNMODE" and set it to "3". Now try it out. I guess this is what you wanted🙂

ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 5
ryan
in reply to: vinodkl

Yes you legend, that has sorted it. Many thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory