Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing layer color within viewport causes frozen layers to plot

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lhess
429 Views, 3 Replies

Changing layer color within viewport causes frozen layers to plot

I've copied a layout tab in AutoCAD 2016.  What I've done (and have always done the same way) is make everything in the viewport the same color by changing the layer color within the viewport.  In this particular drawing, after changing all the colors and plotting to PDF, the PDF document shows layers that are frozen in the drawing.  As a test, I copied the viewport (which by default changes all the colors back to how they're set up in model space) and plotted that viewport to PDF.  This document did not show the frozen layers.  My question is why changing the colors in the viewport would cause frozen layers to plot?  Not able to share the file due to file size, but simply curious if anyone else has had this problem and if there's a fix.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: lhess

start a new file.
Draw a few lines in modelspace with specific colors.
Start a new layout, create a viewport, make the freeze changes like you id in the other file.
change the colors to the one as you did in this other file.
SAVE.
PLOT.

Still have the same issue? Post this small test file here, include your plot style table in a zip file if you use one.

Message 3 of 4
lhess
in reply to: pendean

The problem frozen layers appearing on the plots are all xref layers.  All layers I've drawn in my drawing that I've frozen in the viewport remain frozen on the plots.  This exercise unfortunately doesn't apply in this instance.  I did attempt making a NEW viewport instead of copying the viewport, but the plot gave me the same results.

In the meantime, I've simply plotted with the "monochrome" plot style and have received a close enough PDF to work from.

Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: lhess

Hi @lhess,

If you are continuing to have this issue, can you share a couple files that exhibit this behavior?  I am happy to take a look.

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report